The Caregiver’s Support Group meets on the second Wednesday of the month from 4:45 pm-6:00 pm at the Employee Assistance Program at the Marshall Building, 2847 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201. Free parking. The group is facilitated by Bobbie Jaeger, LCSW, CSAC, CEAP. Please contact Ms. Jaeger with any questions at 703-228-8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Caregivers JUNE 2019 click to open flyer
Next Caregiver Group: Wednesday, June 12th , 2019 from 4:45 -6:00 pm. We welcome Mitch Otowski from Synergy Home Care who will talk about Respite Care for the Caregiver.
Plan on attending even if you can’t be here for the entire time. We will have some healthy, light refreshments as well, Bring a co-worker!
Please join us and share your experiences with other Caregivers. EAP will provide you with some basic self-care tools focused on some of the mindfulness practices that help keep you focused. Please come since we won’t be meeting during the summer months! Our next group will meet on Wednesday, Sept. 11th and we will send reminders two weeks ahead.
- ALZ.org Does someone you love have Alzheimer’s Disease? This website is a great resource with information about the disease and support for those who have a loved one with the disease.
- AARP.org The American Association of Retired People (AARP) has a wealth of information about the aging population, which may be useful when helping to care for an aging loved one.
- Advance Directives Make Wishes Clear
- Aging and Disability Services Arlington List
- Dementia Friendly Arlington Tuesday, May 28th 2-4pm Training and Workshop
- Resources for Caregivers AARP Local Resources Caregivers Should Know About
- Hidden Treasures for Older Adults Arlington Find some really great ideas here!
- Virginia Hospital Center Healthy Aging