EAP Caregiver Support Group Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at the EAP Office from 4:45 – 6:00 pm. We hope you will join us for the next meeting fall meeting on October 9th. We welcomed two new members to the group in September and hope that we can encourage you to consider attending this wonderful support group for those of you who have either an elderly parent or other family member with special needs. Sometimes we have a guest speaker on different topics related to elder care. Group members benefit from learning ways to cope with the challenges of balancing work/family responsibilities.
Feel free to drop by and chat with others, bring a colleague or a family member.
This group is open to all APS/ACG employees and their family members with no charge.Also APS/ACG retirees are welcome!
Free parking is behind the building and snacks will be served.
The group is facilitated by Bobbie Jaeger, LCSW, CSAC, CEAP. Please contact Ms. Jaeger with any questions at 703-228-8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Next Caregiver Group: Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 from 4:45 -6:00 pm. Let’s welcome the new members!!! Come and share with others what has worked for you or doesn’t work! We serve light refreshments. October Caregivers Support Group
Plan on attending even if you can’t be here for the entire time. Bring a co-worker!
- ALZ.org Does someone you love have Alzheimer’s Disease? This website is a great resource with information about the disease and support for those who have a loved one with the disease.
- AARP.org The American Association of Retired People (AARP) has a wealth of information about the aging population, which may be useful when helping to care for an aging loved one.
- Advance Directives Make Wishes Clear
- Aging and Disability Services Arlington List
- Dementia Friendly Arlington Tuesday, May 28th 2-4pm Training and Workshop
- Resources for Caregivers AARP Local Resources Caregivers Should Know About
- Hidden Treasures for Older Adults Arlington Find some really great ideas here!
- Virginia Hospital Center Healthy Aging
- Tax Tips for Caregivers (AARP)