EAP Caregiver Support Group Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4:45 – 6:00 pm.
We hope you will join us for our next Zoom meeting on October 14th.
We encourage you to consider attending this wonderful support group for employees who have an elderly relative or family member with special needs. Sometimes we have a guest speaker on different topics related to elder care. However, most months our focus is sharing and supporting each other. Group members benefit from learning ways to cope with the challenges of caring while balancing other work/family responsibilities.
This group is open to all APS/ACG employees and their family members with no charge. Also APS/ACG retirees are welcome! Feel free to drop into our Zoom meeting and chat with others.
The group is facilitated by Tara Wooldridge, EAP Director and Renita Riddick, our EAP Intern. Please RSVP to Renita: Renita.Riddick@apsva.us
Next Caregiver Group: Wednesday, October 14th from 4:45 – 6:00 pm. Let’s welcome new members!!! Please come and share what has or hasn’t worked for you!
- ALZ.org Does someone you love have Alzheimer’s Disease? This website is a great resource with information about the disease and support for those who have a loved one with the disease.
- AARP.org The American Association of Retired People (AARP) has a wealth of information about the aging population, which may be useful when helping to care for an aging loved one.
- Advance Directives Make Wishes Clear
- Aging and Disability Services Arlington List
- Dementia Friendly Arlington Tuesday, May 28th 2-4pm Training and Workshop
- Resources for Caregivers AARP Local Resources Caregivers Should Know About
- Hidden Treasures for Older Adults Arlington Find some really great ideas here!
- Virginia Hospital Center Healthy Aging
- Tax Tips for Caregivers (AARP)