- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, (4-5 ounces), peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
- 16 thin slices cantaloupe, (about 1/2 small cantaloupe), rind removed
- 1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
Whisk honey, vinegar, mint, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange alternating slices of avocado and cantaloupe in a fan on top of the spinach. Top each salad with strawberries, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Nutrition Per serving:
Fat: 8 g (1 g sat, 1 g mono)
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 90 mg
Potassium: 503 mg
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (60% dv), Folate(18% dv).
Exchanges:1 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat (mono)
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Courtesy of eatingwell.com
Issue: June/July 2005